Vicat rewarded at the Geste d’Or 2018 competition
As with every year over the last eight years, Vicat has been actively involved in the Geste d’Or association with the aim of providing support and guidance to heritage renovation professionals, namely architects, building firms and specialised tradesmen.
During the International Cultural Heritage Fair held in Paris from 25 to 28 October, the Geste d’Or association issued awards in recognition of the most exemplary heritage renovation projects. This year, six Vicat projects won awards in two separate categories.
The Grand Innovation Prize for Vicat and its partners
Four solutions by the Group garnered awards as part of this prize:
- SMARTUP, Ultra-High Performance Fibre-Reinforced Concrete (UHPFRC) for renovation work on the Thouaré-sur-Loire Bridge
- BIOSYS for the natural construction system comprising hempcrete, PromptUP natural cement and hemp straw
- For the new eco-recycling service spearheaded by the Vicat Group with the aim of maximising the waste recycling rate
- Q-Flash 2/20 quick-setting concrete for runway reconstruction work at Sabiha Gökçen International Airport in Istanbul, Turkey. This project was carried out alongside Concretum, which supplied the Q-Flash 2/20 quick-setting concrete required to meet the project's fast hardening specifications
Grand Trade Prize
Two projects led by Léonardo Srl using PromptUP Vicat natural cement received awards in this category
- Renovation of the Hercules sculptures on the Villa Hercolani in Bologna, Italy
- Renovation of the monumental facades of the Lambertini Palace in Bologna, Italy